Script Upload13 Mar 2018 in: Getting Started
To upload the script to your server you need an FTP client program. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, and FTP client is a program that allows transferring remote files via this protocol. If you want to learn more about FTP, please search Google for it.
Connect to your server via FTP and upload the script.
For the installation script to run successfully you need to set some file permissions. By setting permissions you actually tell the server to allow the script make some actions with some files.
To start changing permissions do the following:
- Connect to the server with either FTP or SSH client program.
- Go to the directory where you uploaded the script.
- Run the command below to make backup directory writable:
chmod 755 backup/
- Run the command below to make lib directory writable:
chmod 755 lib/
- Run the command below to make uploads directory writable:
chmod 755 uploads/
Most of the server will not require this step if for example suphp is installed, which would be the perfect scenario, since chmoding directories to 0777, is potential security risk.